In this program, you will be presented with the information necessary to understand and apply DC motors and their control circuits. DC motor components and operation are covered in detail.
Also covered are the mechanisms and ways to start DC motor, along with the methods and reasons why large DC motors are reduced started. This program presents how to reverse the direction of DC motors as well how to control the speed of a DC motor.
You are also shown the acceleration methods used to control the speed of a DC motor. These methods include variable resistance such as rheostat or resistor banks and using solid-state speed control using SCRs.
Also covered in detailed are the deceleration methods, as well as braking options. The program also presents extensive troubleshooting methods and techniques used with series, shunt and compound DC motors
DC Motor Controls & Troubleshooting
Learn to apply and control the Series, Shunt, and Compound DC motors. Covers different mechanisms and ways to reduced-voltage start DC motors. Study the methods and circuits used to accelerate and decelerate DC motors and the different braking options and techniques. Study speed control using DC drives. Cover troubleshooting the Series, Shunt, and Compound DC motors and their electrical control circuits.
Lessons in this program:
- DC Motors—Types and Basic Assemblies
- DC Motor Components and Operation
- DC Motor Starts
- Reversing DC Motors
- Speed Control of DC Motors
- Acceleration of DC Motors
- Basic Troubleshooting of a DC Drive
- Deceleration Methods for DC Motors
- Troubleshooting the Series DC Motor
- Troubleshooting the Shunt and Compound DC Motors
Troubleshoot and Avoid DC Motor Failure
- Series, shunt, and compound motors require different troubleshooting techniques—we'll show you the quickest ways to find faults.
- Bring full-voltage and reduced-voltage DC motors back on-line fast.
- Understand how DC motors are reversed so you'll be better prepared to troubleshoot them.
- Learn how to detect an SCR fault in the power bridge of a DC drive.
- Keep the production line running—learn to troubleshoot and control the speed of DC motors.
- Avoid the most common mistakes made during the installation and maintenance of brushes.
- See how noise can affect the operation of a DC drive and learn to correct it.
- Troubleshoot both the circuits and components used in the three most common methods of decelerating a DC motor.
- Use our proven techniques for detecting problems in a series, shunt, and compound DC motor before they break.
CD-Rom Interactive Option
- One CD-Rom Disk with 10 Lessons
- Includes Downloadable Comprehensive Handbook
- Includes built-in Certificate of Completion generation
- Includes built-in Final Exam validation proof document
- Built-in Interactive Review Questions after each lesson
- Built-in Interactive Final Exam
- Review Questions and Final Exam with Automatic Reinforcement Mode (ARM)
to enhance learning experience
- Interactive Multimedia presentation
- One DVD with Two Parts:
Part 1 (17:10 min)
Part 2 (21:03 min)
- Includes comprehensive Video Handbook and Guide with Review Questions and Answers.
- Includes Certificate of Completion. Electronic version allows for customization of certificate for student.
Introduction to Motor Control Operations and Protection
To view the CD-Rom Interactive demo Click here
To view the DVD demo Click here.
To view Customer Comments for Electrical Program Click here.